The Cambridge Community Growing Group is a network of community gardens and growing projects across Cambridge interested in growing food, sustainability, and community development. There is an expanding evidence base that gardening collectively can support people’s physical and mental wellbeing, improve social cohesion, and increase environmental awareness. This Group aims to help more people enjoy these benefits, learn new skills and make new friends through gardening together.
Since holding our first Group meeting in November 2018, a number of groups from across Cambridge have expressed an interest in joining. Many of these groups already have brilliant websites and social media profiles of their own, which you can find links to through their sub-pages below. As a network, the Cambridge Community Growing Group will amplify the work of its members and link them to each other and other supportive organisations in the city.
- Cambridge Community Tree Nursery
- Cambridge Cropshare
- Cambridge Cyrenians Allotment Project
- Clay Farm Garden
- Empty Common Community Garden
- Hanover/Princess Court Community Garden
- Growing Spaces
- Make, Do and Mend Allotment Project
- Nightingale Garden
- Orchard Park Wildlife Project
- Rock Road Library Community Garden
- Trumpington Community Orchard
- Cambridgeshire, Peterborough and South Lincolnshire (CPSL) Mind
- Headway Cambridgeshire
- Transition Cambridge
- Trumpington Allotments
- University of Cambridge Botanic Garden
- Whitehill Allotments
If you are part of a group which would like to become a Member or support the work of the Cambridge Community Growing Group, please Contact Us.